The founder mindset of today revolves around digitization, digitalization, and digital transformation, and banks are no exception! While there is a significant focus on increasing digital awareness, the goal is to enhance the Customer Experience (CX). Improving CX has become a major priority, with various trends in the banking sector pointing toward this direction. In this blog, we will explore some of the current trends that are transforming the digital customer experience in banking.
- Live Assistance through Chatbots: According to a Gartner report, AI Chatbots are poised to become the primary touchpoint for customers in the banking industry. Chatbots can automate routine queries, providing customers with a hassle-free and efficient experience. With 24×7 support, Chatbots offer a win-win situation for both banks and customers.
- Embracing BNPL: Banks are now offering the “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) concept, which has gained significant traction, especially during the pandemic. BNPL empowers online customers by giving them more flexibility in managing their funds. The future holds immense value for BNPL apps and customers are showing great affinity towards them. Banks will continue to enhance their BNPL apps, integrating new features to elevate the digital customer experience.
- Delivering a Superior Omnichannel Experience: Improving the digital customer experience requires a holistic approach across multiple touchpoints. Modern customers prefer engaging with banks through websites, mobile apps, and chatbots, among other channels. Creating a seamless interaction across all mediums, whether digital or in-person, is key to providing an all-encompassing banking experience. Additionally, an omnichannel approach enables banks to synchronize and integrate data for advanced analytics. Customers can initiate a process through one channel and complete it through another without duplicating their efforts.
- Leveraging Big Data for Digital Banking: Big Data has become a significant buzzword, and it has the potential to greatly benefit digital banking. Utilizing Big Data can enhance the digital customer experience and inform essential business decisions. By gaining insights into customer sentiments and evaluating potential opportunities, banks can make data-driven improvements. Furthermore, analysing customer history and behaviour through Big Data can enable personalized service offerings.
- Strengthening Security and Trust: Security and trust are paramount for customers. To build a great customer experience, banks must prioritize a secure digital storefront. This entails offering highly secure and trustworthy transaction sites and pages. Ensuring the security of financial details fosters customer trust and loyalty. When customers feel secure, they are more inclined to try out new products and services.
Enhancing security is a mutually beneficial approach. Strong security measures not only benefit customers but also enhance their overall experience, leading to positive responses and increased loyalty.
Understanding and improving the Customer Experience in the Digital Banking space is an ongoing process that requires a customer-centric strategy. Banks should be proactive in trying out new features and services while evaluating their effectiveness. The digital banking experience aims to bridge the gap between customers and banks, and it can be further enhanced through various initiatives to retain customers.
Today’s focus is centred around customer experience and the customer journey. Customer Experience holds immense potential for growth, and tapping into this potential will be instrumental in driving growth in the banking industry.