In this fast-paced world of today, many organizations find themselves at a juncture where they are faced with a difficult choice:
- To keep running age-old systems that have been tuned and customized to the functional requirements, locked-in to vendors over the years, and supporting business critical operations
- To answer to increasing business pressure to become agile, flexible, and more responsive by upgrading technologies that struggle to keep up with modern times
As organizations struggle with this dilemma, they are also faced with the following challenges that hamper an organization’s digital transformation
- High risk of migration
- Extended timelines lead to stale ROI
- Numerous technical hurdles, such as:
- Rewriting current apps, scripts, and jobs
- Lack of domain knowledge
- Manual verification and audit of the apps and data
- Managing a large amount of data, spreading to multiple TBs and PBs
- The need to have technical knowledge of the app and data
These challenges drive organizations to not proactively planning its modernization. And, in this digital era, this tendency might just lead to disaster.
Here are five key things to look out for during your migration journey to the cloud:
- Legacy Data migration to cloud requires looking into traditional/current data pipelines for quality, and then moving them to multi-cloud pipeline environments such as Spark or cloud specific ones like AWS Glue, EMR, Azure ADF, and Synapse Pipeline
- Migration of Legacy Mainframe applications to Open Stack applications compatible on multi-cloud environment
- Migration of Legacy Windows applications running on Windows 2008 and Windows 2012
- Migration of Legacy APIs into Cloud based APIs and Microservices, Service Mesh using industry standards like BIAN, IFX, FDX, LIMRAA, etc.
- Migration of Legacy Enterprise Apps to container, and the establishment of CI/CD to be ready for deployment to multi-cloud environment
In addition, organizations need to also be ready for native development, security, CIAM, SIEM, and holistic Cyber Security, all in one place.
Taking this new-age approach while adopting and migrating to the cloud will quicken the migration pace and generate savings. Savings thus realized can be used to build innovative and native solutions on the cloud to accelerate the Digital Transformation.
For such seamless migration, modern enterprises require a platform that is versatile, cost-efficient, scalable, and performant while providing solutions to cater to the aforementioned five key things. Such a platform will enable seamless migration to cloud, thereby enabling infrastructure convergence, simplicity, and support for exponential capabilities in a cost-effective and highly efficient manner.
At SLK, we introduce to you our unique proposition — the “Cloud Pacific Platform” — coupled with cloud-native, distributed architecture, built on our vision of “moving your organization to cloud 2X faster”.